This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Illustrator CC. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes graphical design to a new level. You will learn how to create and manipulate shapes and curves, combining them with text to produce simple logos ready for the web and for print. Together, we will work with colours, gradients, layers, fonts, and photos to create eye-catching illustrations and text effects.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Illustrator environment
- Draw and understand Bézier curves, the root of drawing in Illustrator
- Create a logo using simple shapes
- Apply gradients and patterns
- Edit paths and anchor points
- Set attributes in the Appearance panel
- Measure objects and place them with precision
- Trace and colour your hand-drawn artwork with Live Trace, Live Paint, and Live Colour
- Export illustrations for web and for print
Our goal is for you to gain a comprehensive understanding in the basics of creating and manipulating shapes and text.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for graphic designers and textile/fashion designers, and anyone else who has visual-design responsibilities.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer’s operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. You can install TRIAL here: Adobe.com.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class selected by the Adobe Certified Instructors at Sharingbasics. A certificate is issued upon course completion.
How online training works?
Most regularly scheduled online training classes start at 10AM – 2PM (4 hours) / 10-5 PM (7 Hours). Upon your class registration, you will receive a web address and code to log-in and participate in your training. You may always call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or whatsapp if you have questions.
Private & Customized Training
Custom classes and private training are available online and can be arranged to accommodate your schedule. Call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or email here to discuss details for private online training classes or complete our contact form here.
HRD Corp Reimbursement (if applicable):
HRD Corp – Training is claimable under Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB) through SBL / SBL KHAS Scheme.
The following is a general outline. The range of topics covered during your training is dependent upon student level, time available and preferences of your course booking.
Core Illustrator Concepts
- What are Vector Graphics?
- Creating a Custom Workspace
- Fill and Stroke Attributes
- Document Settings
- Exploring panels and workspaces
- Using the Control Panel
- Smart Guides
- Preview Options
- Grids and Guides
- The Bounding Box
Illustrator Colour Tools
- Defining swatches
- Working with gradients
- Working with patterns
- Using the Colour Guides
- Live Colour
- Finding colours with Kuler
Drawing and Selection Essentials
- Draw Paths with the Pen Tool
- Shape Tools
- The Selection Tools
- Methods of Selection
- Duplicate Objects
- Mastering the Pen Tool
- The Pencil tool
- Editing Anchor Points
- Compound Shapes
- Pathfinder Options
- Path Options
- The Appearance Panel
- Object Attributes
- Multiple attributes
- Applying Live Effects
- Appearance Panel settings
Working with Groups and Layers
- Defining groups
- Editing groups
- Working with layers
- Layers and object hierarchy
Object Transformation and Positioning
- Moving and copying objects
- Rotating and scaling objects
- Reflecting and skewing objects
- Using the Transform panel
- Creating a calligraphic brush
- Creating an art brush
- Creating a pattern brush
- Defining and editing symbols
- Editing symbols
Applying Filters and Live Effects
- Minding your resolution settings
- Transforming Effects
- Using the Warp effect
Basic Text Editing
- Creating Point Text
- Creating Area Text
- Text Formatting
- Creating Text Threads
- Text on a Path
- Using the Glyphs panel
- Creating a basic blend
- Using a blend to create an airbrush effect
- Working with Images
- Using the Links panel
- The Edit Original workflow
- Live Trace
- Rasterising artwork
- Creating graphs
- Using Gradient Mesh
- Using Envelope Warps
- The Liquify Distortion tools
- Saving your Illustrator document
- Printing your Illustrator document
- Using the Crop Area tool
- Setting up page tiling
This course is provided as a remote online course with live training provided by our Certified Trainer.
Accessing the live online course, anywhere is easy and all you will need is:
- Computer with the trial or full version of the software
- Separate screen or device for the shared video display
- Sound output via computer or headset
- Ideally a camera and microphone on the computer for remote contact
Our goal is for you to be able to create simple but professional documents that are ready to use for the web and for print.
It is important to note this is not a classroom based training.