This 2-day Introduction course helps you learn about the tools and features available in Adobe Premiere Pro. We will help you understand how this industry-leading program takes digital-video editing to a new level. With our guidance, you will learn the fundamentals of non-linear editing techniques to create and edit video output that combines footage, audio, and still images.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Premiere Pro environment
- Organise video projects
- Assemble and fine-tune clip sequences
- Apply transitions and video effects
- Add titles and credits
- Make and refine rough cuts
- Import and adjust audio clips
- Export video
Our goal is for you to be able to edit and manage digital video with confidence.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who need to edit video clips and create digital movies, but who have little or no experience using Premiere Pro or other video-editing programs.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer’s operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. You can install TRIAL here: Adobe.com.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class selected by the Adobe Certified Instructors at Sharingbasics. A certificate is issued upon course completion.
How online training works?
Most regularly scheduled online training classes start at 9:30 – 1:30 PM (4hours) / 10-5 PM (7 Hours). Upon your class registration, you will receive a web address and code to log-in and participate in your training. You may always call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or whatsapp if you have questions.
Private & Customized Training
Custom classes and private training are available online and can be arranged to accommodate your schedule. Call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or email here to discuss details for private online training classes or complete our contact form here.
The following is a general outline. The range of topics covered during your training is dependent upon student level, time available and preferences of your course booking.
- Opening Premiere Pro – getting started
- Workspaces – what, why, how?
- Importing assets into Premiere Pro
- Media browser
- Organisation – bins and things
- Metadata – what, why, how?
- Making selections
- Project panel & Source Monitor
- Storyboarding your rough cut
- Creating a timeline
- Thinking ahead – track allocation
- Understanding Track Headers
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
- Sub-clips – what, why and how?
- Targeting tracks
- Toggle Sync-lock
- Insert & overlay edits
- Three-point edit options
- Four-point edits
- J and L cuts
- Lift and extract
- Timeline panel options
- Timeline tools
- Moving clips in the timeline
- Extend edits
- Replacing clips in the timeline
- The 2 types of transitions in Premiere Pro
- Jump-cuts & clip transitions – when to use which?
- Default transitions
- Single ended transitions – what, why, when and how?
- Editing transitions
- Layer based transitions
- Light-leak style transitions with blend modes
Motion (Fixed) Effects
- Pips (Picture in Picture) effects
- Animating objects
- Making pictures fit your timeline
- Additional important preferences
- Perspective corner-pin
- Nesting options in Premiere Pro – why, when, how?
Effects & Masks Basics
- Applying and customising effects
- Limiting effects to specific areas
- Tracking masks
- Organisation – creating and using a titles Bin
- Creating text based titles
- Creating and editing your own title styles
- Exporting and importing titles
- Creating lower or upper thirds
- Inserting graphics into titles
- Title based on previous title
- Creating and using title templates
- Inserting a graphic into rolling/crawling titles
- Creating dual-mono from stereo pairs
- Recording narration directly into Premiere Pro
- Basic keyframe based audio animation
- Audio Clip mixer animation
- Exporting a still image
- Project management options
- Dynamic Link with After Effects
- Exporting directly from Premiere Pro and using ‘Media Encoder’
- Exporting different formats
- XML/AAF – cross-platform export options – why, when and how?
This course is provided as a remote online course with live training provided by our Certified Trainer.
Accessing the live online course, anywhere is easy and all you will need is:
- Computer with the trial or full version of the software
- Separate screen or device for the shared video display
- Sound output via computer or headset
- Ideally a camera and microphone on the computer for remote contact
Our goal is for you to be able to create simple but professional documents that are ready to use for the web and for print.
It is important to note this is not a classroom based training.