This 2-day Advanced course will help to develop your skills as you explore the advanced features of Adobe Premiere Pro. You will already understand the basics of the program, and we will show you how to take that knowledge to the next level. Together, we will cover advanced tips, tricks, and lab exercises that will help your video projects stand out.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Handle different frame rates through overcranking and undercranking
- Create time lapses
- Work with alpha channels
- Synchronise clips from multiple cameras
- Apply colour correction
- Fix audio issues and add audio effects
Our goals are for you to understand the advanced features of Premiere Pro and to become a confident power user.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for those who wish to enhance their existing knowledge of Premiere Pro and who would like to learn advanced digital-video editing skills.
You will need basic experience in using Premiere Pro. Ideally, you will have taken our Adobe Premiere Pro CC Introduction 2 Day course.
You will need basic PC or Mac skills, including a solid understanding of a computer’s operating system (Windows or Mac OS). You will also need to know how to launch a program, create and save files, and copy files from CDs and other media. You can install TRIAL here: Adobe.com.
You will receive a comprehensive course manual for this class selected by the Adobe Certified Instructors at Sharingbasics. A certificate is issued upon course completion.
How online training works?
Most regularly scheduled online training classes start at 10AM – 2PM (4hours) / 10-5 PM (7 Hours). Upon your class registration, you will receive a web address and code to log-in and participate in your training. You may always call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or whatsapp if you have questions.
Private & Customized Training
Custom classes and private training are available online and can be arranged to accommodate your schedule. Call a training consultant at +6013-9337594 or email here to discuss details for private online training classes or complete our contact form here.
HRD Corp Reimbursement (if applicable):
HRD Corp – Training is claimable under Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (PSMB) through SBL / SBL KHAS Scheme.
The following is a general outline. The range of topics covered during your training is dependent upon student level, time available and preferences of your course booking.
Understanding the Proxy Workflow in Premiere Pro
- As cameras get bigger and bigger sensors the file size of the content gets bigger and bigger and can bog down the editing process such that it may seem like only very fast and expensive machines can edit such content. However, the new proxy workflow in Premiere Pro allows for the creation and use of low-res versions of the bigger files which can then be editing on any machine that can run Premiere Pro and then exported from the bigger high quality files rather than the lower resolution proxies. We will cover this workflow in detail
Keyboard Editing in Premiere Pro
- Learn how to use keyboard shortcuts to quickly and efficiently edit your timelines in Premiere Pro
- Discover how to find and customise all your keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro
- Overview of preferences
- Multicam editing is great fun and a very powerful way of creating more compelling video. We will look at the whole multicam workflow including how to sync external audio with clips that only have low quality camera audio
- Flattening your multicam edit – why and how?
Colour Correction & Grading
- Colour correction vs. Colour grading – what’s the difference?
- What tools do you actually need for a proper grade?
- Lumetri panel
- Master grading vs. Clip grading
- Primary options
- Secondary option
- Building a grade
- LUTs – what, why, when and how?
- Additional colour tools in Premiere Pro
- Conform exports and imports XML/AAF – why and when?
- HDR tools in Premiere Pro – a discussion
- Timeline audio options
- Audition editing options
- Audio clip vs. Audio track mixer & keyframe views
- Applying audio effects to clips and tracks
- Automation modes
- Parametric EQ
- Tube-modelled compressor
- Submixes – what, why and how?
- Recording audio into the Premiere Pro timeline
Effects & Captions
- Overview of plugin options for Premiere Pro
- Open captions – why and how?
Keying and Integration with After Effects
- While there are keying plugins inside of After Effects which we will look into, we will also look at the excellent dynamic link workflow with After Effects and how that can be used to apply much more advanced keying effects than the native Premiere Pro keyers.
- Motion tracking via After Effects
- We will look at the VR capabilities within PP and how to find and use the tools available
Export Options and Project Management in Premiere Pro
- Project management options
- Export through Premiere Pro
- Effects options for export
- Export through Media Encoder
- Creating and using a watch-folder in Media Encoder
- Customising presets in Media Encoder
- Creating preset group folders in Media Encoder
This course is provided as a remote online course with live training provided by our Certified Trainer.
Accessing the live online course, anywhere is easy and all you will need is:
- Computer with the trial or full version of the software
- Separate screen or device for the shared video display
- Sound output via computer or headset
- Ideally a camera and microphone on the computer for remote contact
Our goal is for you to be able to create simple but professional documents that are ready to use for the web and for print.
It is important to note this is not a classroom based training.